Copper Sand Casting & Custom Copper Alloy Manufacturing
Casting Services for Power Generation and Distribution Industries
Electric Materials has been providing quality copper sand castings for more than 100 years. Over the years, we have evolved into a diverse and vertically integrated manufacturing company that services as a global power generation market.
As a leading name in the power generation and distribution industries, we have developed extensive experience in providing complete copper alloy sand casting services for a wide variety of electrical and mechanical applications. Electric Materials specialize in delivering high conductivity copper and copper alloys that meet the most stringent requirements for purity of composition, conductivity, and mechanical properties.
Providing dependable services is our primary concern, and all sand castings are designed, engineered, manufactured, and tested to the highest quality standards. Our trained craftsmen are knowledgeable in metallurgy and take great care in proper mold preparation and melting practices ensuring optimal cast results.
We support our customers casting requirements with the following services
- Product design assistance
- Engineering evaluation utilizing SolidWorks, Design Evaluation Software, and AFS Solid Cast
- Pattern maintenance & repair
- Core making equipment
- Complete finish machining
- In-house silver & tin electroplating
The static cast foundry area includes our “green sand” and “no bake” operations with sand management and reclamation systems. Casting operations can accommodate
- Custom copper alloys
- Castings weighing a few ounces up to 600 lbs
- Minimum cast size: governed by 1/8” minimum thickness in any area
- Centrifugally cast rings up to 44” diameter, max 1000 lbs
- Small billets cast with custom alloys for extruded products